I am a photographer based out of India. My passion lies in capturing images of people I’m intrigued by—their faces, the stories behind them, their lifestyles, cultures, and traditions. I like endlessly roaming around the streets, wherever I go, and spend time learning and understanding my subjects. Also, as is apparent from my blog, I do have a soft corner for portraits and images in black and white!
If you would like to buy a print of any of the images or work with me for assignments and commissioned works, get in touch with me here.
On August 1, 2008 I started this photoblog to showcase the images of people that I shoot and creating images for this photoblog has always been an exciting and fulfilling challenge. As a mark of my fondness for black and white, this site uses only different shades of grey for all its elements. Click here to view the entire thumbnail Archive of 344 images posted over the last 6 years.
- The image Mahouts bathing an elephant won a Prize in the ‘Kerala God’s Own Country’ category of the FEFKA Mohanlal Photo Contest 2014.
- Featured in the WordPress.com Recommended Blogs for Photography.
- My Photoblog won the 2014 BlogAdda award in the ‘Photo & Video‘ category.
- My Photoblog was included in the 20 Most Outstanding Photoblogs in the 2012 Photoblog Awards.
- The image A heart melting smile came in the Top 50 in Series #3 of the India Is Photography challenge 2012 in the category INDIA IS…UNFORGETTABLE.
- The image Unaffected traditions won the HTC Candid Shot award in the Nat Geo Moment Awards 2012.
- Featured in the WordPress.com User Showcase of the best customizations.
- Finalist in the Most Popular Photoblog and Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog categories in the 2011 Photoblog Awards.
- The Image Reflection came in the Top 500 category in the Nat Geo Moment Awards 2011.
- Finalist in the Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog category in the 2010 Photoblog Awards.
- The image Traditional pottery making came in the top 10 in the ‘Altered Images’ category of the Smithsonian magazine’s 7th annual photo contest from more than 60,000 entries they received from all over the world.
- My entry Monsoon wait was amongst the top 20 finalists for the Nikon-Better Photography Photographer of the Year 2009 Awards from 40,000 plus entries. My entry was nominated in the Landscapes & Cityscapes theme.
- The image Roadside Barber won the Vodafone presents India 9-5 Contest, which was held from 1st July to the 31st July 2009 by MiD DAY Infomedia Ltd.
The following have been used for creating the images that have been uploaded in this photoblog†:
- Digital Cameras: Nikon D610 | Canon EOS 6D (not owned by me) | Nikon D70s | Nikon Coolpix L10
- Film Cameras: Kodak Brownie Holiday | Yashica-A | Nikon FM | Nikon EM
- Mobile phone cameras: Apple iPhone 3GS | Apple iPhone 4s (Click here to view the images taken on an iPhone)
- Camera Lenses: Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D | Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D | Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED | Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (not owned by me) | Canon EF 35mm f/2 (not owned by me) | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (not owned by me)
- Flashes: Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight | Nikon SB-400 Speedlight
Exhibited my images at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2011, held in Mumbai under the theme ‘Faces’.