I am a photographer based out of India. My passion lies in capturing images of people I’m intrigued by—their faces, the stories behind them, their lifestyles, cultures, and traditions. I like endlessly roaming around the streets, wherever I go, and spend time learning and understanding my subjects. Also, as is apparent from my blog, I do have a soft corner for portraits and images in black and white! If you would like to work with me for assignments and commissioned works, get in touch with me here.
On August 1, 2008 I started this photoblog to showcase the images of people that I shoot and creating images for this photoblog has always been an exciting and fulfilling challenge. As a mark of my fondness for black and white, this site uses only different shades of grey for all its elements.
- 9 GoPro awards: Rowing a shikara in Dal Lake (2 awards), A tea shop in Kashmir (2), Kashmiri sled puller (1), Vespa ride in Mallorca, Spain (1) and Across the water (1), Floating vegetable market (1) and Banana time (1).
- Best PhotoBlogger at The Indian Blogger Awards 2017.
- 2015 BlogAdda award in the ‘Photo & Video‘ category.
- Mahouts bathing an elephant won a Prize in the ‘Kerala God’s Own Country’ category of the FEFKA Mohanlal Photo Contest 2014.
- 2014 BlogAdda award in the ‘Photo & Video’ category.
Unaffected traditions won the HTC Candid Shot award in the Nat Geo Moment Awards 2012.
- Roadside Barber won the Vodafone presents India 9-5 Contest, which was held from 1st July to the 31st July 2009 by MiD DAY Infomedia Ltd.
- A heart melting smile came in the Top 50 in Series #3 of the India Is Photography challenge 2012 in the category INDIA IS…UNFORGETTABLE.
- Finalist in the Most Popular Photoblog and Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog categories in the 2011 Photoblog Awards.
- Finalist in the Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog category in the 2010 Photoblog Awards.
- The Image Reflection came in the Top 500 category in the Nat Geo Moment Awards 2011.
- The image Traditional pottery making came in the top 10 in the ‘Altered Images’ category of the Smithsonian magazine’s 7th annual photo contest from more than 60,000 entries they received from all over the world.
- My entry Monsoon wait was amongst the top 20 finalists for the Nikon-Better Photography Photographer of the Year 2009 Awards from 40,000 plus entries. My entry was nominated in the Landscapes & Cityscapes theme.
- The top 500 sites on the web | Photoblogs
- The best Photography blogs from India
- The Directory of Best Indian Blogs
- Top 40 Indian Photography Blogs and Websites To Follow in 2018
- Top 100 Photography Travel Blogs and Websites to Follow
- Follow These 15 Indian Photographers On Instagram To Feed Your Wanderlusting Soul
- 10 Incredible Indian Photographers You Should Be Following On Instagram
- Top 25 Indian Travel Bloggers
- 5 Indian Instagrammers you need to follow
- Travel Photographers You Have to Follow
- 7 Indian Photographers You Should Follow on Instagram
- Platinum blog list
- 8 Indian Photographers You Should Follow on Instagram
- Top Photo Bloggers in India all travel lovers must follow
- 7 travel bloggers to look out for in 2015
- India’s 7 Most Influential Photo Bloggers Who Inspire You To Go Click-Happy
- Top 10 Travel Blogs in India
- Best photoblogs of 2012
- Visual Q&A
- Best of January’18 | #inspiroindia
- Nine years of Photoblogging on WordPress.com Discover
- In the Spotlight
- Portraits on WordPress Discover.
- Perspectives on Street Photography.
- GoPro Photo of the Day.
- WordPress.com Discover.
- WordPress.com User Showcase of the best customizations.
Collaborations and Assignments:
Social Media Followers:
28mm Portraits Project:
Exhibited my images at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2011, held in Mumbai under the theme ‘Faces’.
- Most viewed image (79,526 views)
- Most commented image (446 comments)
- Blog Stats: 2,380,859 views
- Total comments: 61,478
If you would like to buy a print of any of the images, get in touch with me here.